Online registration closes Friday October 23rd at 10pm MST
ONLINE REGISTRATION HERE
Important Registration Notes:
1. We strongly encourage online registration. To support this we'll provide a full refund to anyone who doesn't race but is pre-registered. To collect your refund email firstname.lastname@example.org post race. We will do our best to handle do of registrations but we'd like to focus on getting ya'll racing and not standing in line
2. The only day of registration is 10-11:30 am on the 24th and 7:45am - 8:30am on the 25th. Registered racers must check in and can do so up until 30 minutes before their race.
3. If you race two times in one day your second race will be 50% off. Racers will use the the same number plate for both races.
4. Both days are USA Cycling events and require annual license or $10 one day licenses. Both can be purchased at checkout during online registration.
5. Registration Prices
- Saturday and Sunday Juniors $15
- Saturday Online $25
- Sunday Online $20
- Saturday Day of $35 (please read #1)
- Sunday Day of $25 (please read #1)
6. Wild West Annual numbers will be used please bring yours if you have one already.
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Online registration closes Friday October 23rd at 10pm MST
Posted by Shaun Radley at 7:15 PM
Thursday, October 1, 2015
The Ranch Club and Missoula Bicycle Works delivered a historical performance last night. The course, the atmosphere, and the crowd were in top form. 103 racers showed up for what felt like a special evening.
The Ranch Club went above and beyond hosting the race. Drinks, food, welcoming vibe, even parking and course attendants. Thank you Nick and Ranch Club!
The course was fabulous. It utilized all features of the golf course including two sand traps and a bumpy field just to make it feel like we were still in Missoula. The sections were all named. My favorite name was "bone shaker."
This weekend marks the start of the Regional Weekend Cyclocross Series, called Wild West. The first weekend is in Sandpoint. The guys up there put a great family friendly event. The weekend after will be Victor, ID, and after that Bozeman. Visit the website for more information.
John Sieber had another great album, here are my favorites.
|Kiefer gets the win in fabulous display of tactic and grit.|
|UM Cycling had a great squad out last night.|
|Cookie Monster made the trip down. Always a pleasure.|
|Jesse rode well, and this a great example of the suffering that was occurring from all participants.|
Posted by Shaun Radley at 12:30 PM
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Temperatures touched the low 80's during the race making for a hot and dusty evening at Old Thunder Venue (Maverick Stadium). The usual format for the venue was used but Pat Scharfe did a nice job incorporating some new features. The berms had a unique double figure 8 section and threw you by the old Hellgate Spiral of Death and straight into a hop-able barrier. It was technical riding for a dry day and proved to be an important stretch. Also added was an optional run/ride up the old rocky river bed descent. This made for lot's of bottle necks, with strategy and traction being incredibly important. If you didn't hop barriers you'd be off the bike 5 times a lap. It was important to see some of the features first and stay out in front.
|Hellgate rider Elie Meierbachtol won the Women's B in an impressive showing. - Photo by John Sieber Photography|
The Women's A saw an MT Alpha display of power. Caroline Lurgio showed her form from the past two seasons by taking the win. Kristine Akland was second and Ali Wade was third.
|Ali Wade, 3rd Women's A - Photo by John Sieber Photography|
Men's A was steady but fast. Dave Hartman took the hole shot. The lead group settled into Ian Foster, Jesse Doll, David Cresap, Rob Amrine, and myself. With 4 laps to go Foster lost a chain or something similar and lost 20 seconds. Doll took up the pace. Right before 2 to go I bobbled the run up re-mount and that was the straw that broke the camels back. Doll powered on, Foster caught and passed me in the stadium and that's how it ended. Impressive by Jess Doll.
|Jesse Doll, Winner Men's A, such a beast over the last 7 years. - Photo by John Sieber Photography|
News and Notes
- Helena CX weekend is coming up visit the mbra site for race details and regi, http://www.montanacycling.net/schedule
- Nick Silverman was 2nd in Men's B as Chasmo was first. This will be a fabulous battle as both these guys are crazy solid.
- Dan Funsch has masters 50+ on lock.
- Troy Kindred won a very competitive Masters 40+, we'll see how that overall shakes out, but Troy means #business.
- The junior turnout in Missoula has been fabulous. Shout out to the Missoula Bike Source, Big Sky Bikes, and Missoula Bicycle Works racers for getting their kid's in to the sport. Means a lot to the cx community.
- The Women's A and Women's B has been the most consistent turnout for the last 5 years. I think we are going to see some ripping performances this season at big races.
- Toby and Owen did not race men's A. They were the top two series performers from 2014.
- The next two weeks of racing will be at the Ranch Club in Missoula.
- The Wild West weekend series starts 10/3 and 4 with Sandpoint. After that racing is every weekend until Thunder on 24/25. Details here http://wildwestcxseries.com/
Posted by Shaun Radley at 6:41 AM
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Full results by Competitive Timing here. Full Gallery by John Sieber Photography here,
Winners from last night:
Junior Girl - Elsa Westenfelder
Junior Boy - Grant Larson
Womens Master - Emily Musco and Tina Mainey
Masters 50+ - Dan Funsch
Master 40+ - Jeremy Lurgio
Womens B - Audra Kae
Mens B - Nick Silverman
Womens A - Lizzy Adams
Mens A - Owen Gue
|Sporting plate #2 didn't feel right for Owen. He led bell to bell and took the win.|
|Almost 100 riders for the first race in a Missoula.|
|Elise Baker with a strong 2nd in the junior ladies.|
|Nick Silverman continued is cx improvement with 1st place in the Men's B.|
Posted by Shaun Radley at 6:26 AM
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Friday, March 27, 2015
The 10th Anniversary of Rolling Thunder will be October 24th and 25th. It will once again be part of the Wild West Series:
Sandpoint, ID - 10/3 & 4
Victor, ID - 10/11 & 12
Bozeman, MT - 10/17 & 18
Missoula, MT - 10/24 & 25
Couer d'Alene, ID - 11/7
|photo by tomroberstonphoto.com|
Posted by Shaun Radley at 7:43 AM