The Zoo Town Throwdown is Sunday August 2nd. The course will be presented next week. All I can say is that it's a 1.1k course with six, 90 degree corners. The race Headquarters will be Adventure Cycling Association, 150 E. Pine St. New Belgium will be providing the Beer Tent at Sean Kelleys, 130 W. Pine St.
Bring your kid's because the Kid's Race is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. I'm already putting my money on Kiefer's little guy Felix to take the top step of the podium. I hope that mini Morgan races on his cx bike with a full face. Every kid who races get's a free cone from Big Dipper. There are two age classes; 5 and under and 6 to 10.
WHY IS THIS NOT JUST ANOTHER BIKE RACE???
5. The race is in DT Missoula. Bars, drip, Horse, tacos, hippies, Wardens.
4. The focus is on the fans. That means lots of spectators, announcing, and major local glory.
3. There's a beer tent on the course. NEW BELGIUM!!!
2. You can show your friends and family your not crazy for dressing up in colored spandex and riding endless hours. Yes, bike racing is cool!!!!
1. All though there's a new name, this event has seen it's fair share of top notch racers. Write your name into the history books with legends of the past; Van Garderen, Elken, Emde, Sundt, Legg, Hahn, Proctor, Swindlehurst, Louder, Schultz.
I wonder if I'll finish the Cascade Cream Puff this weekend......