10. Phil, Doug, and Toby racing with the big guns at Star Cross in Seattle.
9. Phil's terror streak, two Missoula series, 2nd Hellgate Duathlon, 1st Hill Climb 13:04.
8. John Curry taking out Proctor at Butte......the passing of the cross torch.
7. Frank G's late season charge, taking the last two races including the state championship.
6. Doug taking the double victory in his Flathead homecoming (including two rough nights at the bar).
5. Clint showing up to Rolling Thunder on no racing and taking the W.
4. Lisa Curry living up to the pressure and winning Rolling Thunder.
3. The Missoula series races, often times bigger numbers, and bigger battes.
2. Frank vs. John C in the state championships. Great battle
1. The men's A race at Rolling Thunder
Thursday, January 3, 2008
We went skiing today off of Elk Meadow Road. The weather was excellent. My friend Brian is in town from Seattle. He used to live in Missoula, but moved to Seattle 4 years ago. We got re-united through racing. He raced for Western Washington University, wwucycling.com. He's a great crit rider. I he won two of the five crits last season. Above is a photo of our ski today. Max made it out but Isabel had to stay home. She's been throwing up all day.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
These are pics from 2007 collegiate season. The first is my bro on the podium rocking the old school Oakleys and the second is me warming up for the crit in Corvallis. I'm going to miss collegiate cycling.
My winter break was awesome. I was up in the mountains for a week. It snowed more then 50 inches. I split my time between bc skiing, resort skiing at Stevens, and snowshoeing with the folks. I skied with my bro and his friends for a day. They put the hurt on me. They are only 4 years younger, but the amount of energy they had was amazing. We did run after run. It was great.
Now I'm back in Missoula. It seems to be really windy here. I skied Lost Trail yesterday. The wind was almost unbearable. The snow is still good. I finally got my skate setup dialed. I'm going out today.
I've been thinking about road racing alot recently. Josh and I are trying to figure out what races were going to attend. Definetly all the Montana races, but the out state races we have to be a little more picky. We were thinking about a couple in Wyoming, maybe Cascade, Walla Walla, and maybe even a big trip outside the region.